Thursday, March 19, 2015

AFC Third Visit

19 Mar 2015

Same as last trip
Flight: KLM
Transport: airport taxi of MYR 84 to hotel
Accommodation: Ashley Boutique Hotel

Since we will be staying here for a while, we bought ourselves local sim cards at the airport. There are several telco provider counters after immigration and we bought the Digi ones; for 1 month subscription with 1.5 GB data limit on 3G/4G and then unlimited with lower speed, price is MYR 41 each.

Our OPU was scheduled for this morning. After we arrived - no makeup, no deodorant, no feminine wash, no body lotion - we were called to the nurse's little room for her to take down the time I had my last meal, the time I took the Dulcolax tablet, my weight, body temperature and blood pressure. Then we settled the remaining bill and went to level 3 where the OPU room is. 

I was asked to empty my bladder, get changed to hospital gown (top) and a sheet to be worn like a sarong and went into the OPU room. Before entering OPU room, there was a little passway between the 2 doors, with holes on the wall that sprays some anti bacterial air onto you. 

The OPU was not performed by Dr Colin Lee, but a lady doctor and an anaesthetician. I do not remember their names.

There I was, laying on the table with my arms spread to the sides. Left one has my thumb clipped with the heartbeat detector (or whatever it is called) and the machine went beep beep beep. On my right arm, the needle for anaesthetic was jabbed into my hand. Then I was out...

Next thing I know, someone called my name and I was feeling very sleepy. Then I was taken out from OPU room to my room where I fell asleep again for a while. When I woke up, I felt very fresh but with pain in my lower abdomen. Fortunately I was not nauseous like what others might experience. But the needle was still stuck into me as precaution in case they need to inject something. 

They managed to harvest 15 eggs but I was not informed of size or quality *fingers crossed they are super ones*. Husband was asked to "release" sperm again because the first one was not enough *fingers crossed they are super ones too*.

After around 30 minutes, the nurse came into the room to explain what I need to do in the next 4 days. I need to take cyclogest 400mg every 12 hours starting tomorrow. Then I was released and we went back to level 2 to check whether there was any extra charge to take care of, and there wasn't. 


Note for you who do not do much research like me: bring some panty liners because there is some bleeding post OPU. 

It is 8 pm and my tummy still hurts. It is a combination of period cramp and gassy. The nurse said I can take painkillers if I cannot take the pain. So far it is still bearable. 

I feel like this process is pretty much like an American Idol selection process. We do not know if or when we will get eliminated. So far we have the eggs, that is I guess like the initial audition and now we are waiting for our ticket to Hollywood :)

Our invoice:
Cyclogest 400mg @ MYR 165
IVF balance payment @ MYR 5980
Total MYR 6145

No comments:

Post a Comment